Today I am going to review ‘The Face Shop Chia Seed Hydrating Emulsion’ which is a light facial moisturiser. These days the Korean brands have taken then the beauty market by storm. Their 7-step beauty regime is considered to be the best way to care of the delicate facial skin. So, I decided to give a try to a Korean product. This is my first Korean skincare product which is from the brand ‘The Face Shop’.
Product description :
The Chia Seed Hydrating Emulsion by Face Shop is a moisturizing lotion that fills skin deep with moisture droplets of chia seeds that’s just been cultivated. A hydrating emulsion that improves suppleness and gives your skin a surge of moisture. It helps reveal your skin’s natural clear glow.
- It makes dry skin soft and supple.
- Is dermatologically tested.
- Created to give you a gorgeous Korean beauty experience.
Price : INR 1290/- (for 130 ml)(but you can get it on discount on nykaa.com That’s where I bought it from at 30% discount).
Shelf life : 3 years.
My take on the product :
The bottle shown in the above picture came in a light-green cardboard box which I have already thrown away. So, I can’t show you that. The product comes housed in a tall plastic bottle which looks like frosted glass bottle but is not. It has a simple pump dispenser which works well. The biggest drawback is that the ingredients are not mentioned on the bottle. I don’t remember whether they were mentioned on the cardboard box or not.
Product is white in colour and has lotion-like consistency. Texture is thin and very light. Does not feel heavy at all on the skin. Just 2.5 pumps are enough for my whole face and neck. So, I think the bottle will last me a long time. I am using it since January (once a day, mostly) and have not been able to finish even half the bottle. Emulsion spreads well and is quickly absorbed.
It is a light facial lotion. It works well for me in winter. But my skin gets very dry and flaky during Autumn and Spring. It does not feel moisturising enough in those seasons. Fragrance is very mild which is neither fruity nor floral. But I am sure I won’t bother sensitive noses.
- Light texture which does not feel heavy or sticky.
- Mild fragrance.
- Fast absorbing.
- Does not contain parabenes, tar chemicals, animal ingredients, mineral oil, talc, paraffin and polyacrylamide.
- Contains calendula extract.
- Bottle does not contain all the details.
- Not suitable for very dry skin.
- Provides only temporary relief from dryness. I don’t see any improvement in moisture level of my skin. But this may be because it is supposed to be used before applying moisturising cream. It is a part of 7-step skin care regimen.
Overall rating :
8/10. I may buy it again, if I don’t find anything better than this.
Thanks for reading 😍😙😙