My love for body care products is evident from my many posts. I love to try different lotions, body butters and shower gels. In Summer I like to use some light and fragrant lotions. These days I am using The Body Shop Strawberry body lotion. But on some days when I don’t want to smell like a fruit, I use this lotion from St. Ives : St. Ives Coconut & Orchid Body Lotion.
A little about the brand :
St. Ives is America’s no.1 brand for healthy skincare products, which is now launched in India. Founded 25 years ago, St. Ives is know for its products inspired by nature. In India, they offer 5 lotions along with their flagship product – Apricot scrub.
What they claim about the lotion :
- 100% natural moisturisers.
- Non greasy and oil free.
- No parabens or pthalates.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
Price : INR 649 (for 621 ml).
Shelf life : 30 months.
Here I would like to discuss two main ingredients
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) extract is a moisturising agent. This should not be confused with coconut milk. It is extracted from grated coconut after coconut milk. Coconut extract makes skin smoother and prevents premature ageing.
- Orchis Mascula flower extract. Also known as Early-Purple Orchid. Its extract has no fragrance. Instead it functions as a skin conditioning agent. Understandably,this ingredient is not added for the fragrance purpose.
My take on the product :
Lotion is creamy white and has gel like texture. It spreads well and absorbs within a minute. On application it feels a bit watery but moisturises well.
Fragrance is sweet & floral but I don’t smell coconut in it. The thing that attracted me most was the colorful graphics on the bottle.
It does not feel heavy or greasy and moisturisation is just apt for summer. Though it is not moisturising enough for winters. The thing that I noticed with this lotion is that it really makes your skin smooth. I mean really, noticeable smooth and soft to touch. Many other lotions don’t have this quality.
- Light formula. Non greasy.
- Easily absorbed.
- Beautiful fragrance. But not overwhelming.
- Huge quantity is provided. So, it will last you really long.
- Not pricey.
- Availability might be an issue. Though it is easily available online.
- Bottle is not travel friendly.
- If you like trying new products regularly, this bottle will feel like bottomless 😆.
Final rating : 10/10.
My recommendation : I highly recommend it. The lotion is very good for Summer. And you can use it in winters too if your skin is not very dry.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments section and don’t forget to hit the Like/Follow buttons if you like this post.
Thanks for reading. Take care 👄😙