If you ask one thing most of the women are unhappy with….. it’s our Hair. No matter how good is our hair, we are always unsatisfied and constantly searching for new hair products which can magically transform our hair into Rapunzel’s tresses. Sadly, no such magic really exists. It takes a lot of work to get beautiful hair and the most important thing is that you should stick to the routine that works for you. I am not a fan of chemical hair products and I try to use my kitchen ingredients for hair care, as much as possible.
Today I will tell you about a DIY Hair Mask, the star ingredient of which is Fenugreek seeds.
Fenugreek (aka Methi : India) is an aromatic spice which is abundant in Indian kitchens. It is eaten as leaves and seeds, both forms. You can find them in every Indian grocery store.
For the hair mask:
- Grind the seeds as powder.
- Take 1 tbsp fenugreek powder in a bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp curd or yogurt (unsweetened) to it.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the mixture.
- The olive oil is not necessary to be extra virgin or virgin olive oil. Though that will also be good. Here I am using Figaro olive oil.
- Mix well. You can add some water to adjust the consistency.
- Cover with a lid and let it soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- In the Morning, the mixture will become a bit slimy. Don’t worry, this is because of the presence of Lecithin in fenugreek seeds. Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair. This mask is non-dripping but wear a shower cap if you want. Keep it for two hours and wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
Benefits of Fenugreek Hair Mask for hair :
- Prevents hair fall, helps in hair growth.
- Moisturises scalp and prevents itchy scalp.
- Controls frizzy hair.
- Imparts shine.
- Helps to combat dandruff by controlling excess sebum production.
- Conditions and detangles hair.
- Curd gives protein treatment to hair.
Apply this fenugreek mask once a week regularly and enjoy your beautiful hair. 👧👸
Let me know your thoughts in the comments section and don’t forget to hit the Like / Follow buttons if you like this post.
Thanks for reading. Take care. 😘❤